recent posts

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whip-It Up Wednesday: One of my quick and easy stand-by dinners.

So, I was feeling pretty lazy about cooking (which has been my attitude a lot lately), so last night I made one of my super easy stand-by dinners that doesn't take any thought at all.  My freezer and pantry is getting low, but I usually always have the ingredients for this meal.

Tilapia, rice and a veggie!

Here are my ingredients:



For the tilapia, I melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet and add a swish of olive oil.  I sprinkle the fish with lemon-pepper seasoning.  Right now my favorite is Weber Zesty Lemon Pepper, but you can use your favorite.  You can also change up this meal by using cajun spice, italian, etc.



Rice:  I usually use the instant rice that cooks in 5 minutes.  I know, it's not cooking from scratch, but sometimes a girl just ain't got the time or the inclination.  Plus, the instant rice always (well almost always) comes out nice and fluffy and my son loves it.  I add a couple of tablespoons of butter to the water and a pinch of salt.  Here's where you can change thing up easily again, just by adding garlic or parsley, whatever suits you at the moment.  When I use the lemon-pepper seasoning, I always splash a little lemon juice on the fish before serving.



Last night's veggie was a stir-fry mix.  I used a little olive oil and voila!



There you go!  One of my all-time quick, and most importantly, yummy meals.




P.S.  I forgot to tell you, you can also substitute your favorite fish:  catfish, salmon, etc.

Thanks for coming by,
Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment