recent posts

Monday, August 13, 2012

Salisbury Steak

Last night I made Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) Salisbury Steak recipe (for the 4th time!).  My hubby and I love it and it is so easy.  Of course I didn't take pictures.  0_0

 I usually make mashed potatoes to eat with the yummy gravy, but last night I decided to bake a couple of yams.  I added some butter and sprinkled a little brown sugar on the top.  I also served green beans.  Oh, and I added some mushrooms in with the onions.  Yummy!

I followed Ree's recipe to a T last night.  The first three times I made it I did not have the browning sauce.



Let me tell you, that stuff doesn't taste like much right out of the bottle, but it truly gave the gravy a depth of flavor and a color that was missing before.  Also, the last couple of times I used a little too much Worchestershire sauce and it tasted kinda off, so be careful. (unless you love, love, love the flavor)

If you try the recipe, let me know how you liked it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Natosha

P.S.  Watch this totally sweet and awesome video.



No comments:

Post a Comment