recent posts

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Terrifying Threes

So if you have a 3 year old, you may have a clue as to what the title of this post is referring to.  My son turned 3 on November 24th.


He was such a good baby.  He slept through the night very early (although he was up most of the day and didn't go to sleep until 10 or 11p).



Then he hit the terrible twos at about 20 months.  We got through that.




But now he is three and can be quite a handful.



You can totally tell what words I use with him most frequently.  He tells me to "Hush"  all the time.  He says  screams "No" at me and generally ignores requests and rules.  (BTW, I never scream at him.  I think he believes if he screams it loud enough then he will convince me.)  Oh, and he has completely embraced the use of body function words.  If he says "poop"  once during the day, he says it one hundred.  Along with:  pee pee, fart, toot, and butt.  Boys, ya gotta love 'em.  I'm dreading the day he asks about his boy parts.

He drew this picture a couple of months ago and I feel it fits the way I have been feeling lately.



So, any advice?  Do you have a toddler who is going to assert his/her will no matter what?  Spill your secrets for handling them in the comments.  I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks for stopping by,

Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment