recent posts

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What We Ate - January 2017

I have been so unmotivated this past month.  As always I started off excited to eat and cook healthier meals.  I made meal plans, grocery lists, etc.  I fell down on the job.  However!  I somehow lost 9 pounds.  Woo hoo!

So, there's not much to share.  The recipes for the meals are included.

Chicken Thighs and Rice with Black Beans and Cilantro

 This was SO good.  We love cilantro and the chicken thighs were moist and flavorful.  The rice was to die for.  I will be making this again.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

 Fried Egg, Cheddar, Olives and Venison Steak

Vegetable Soup with Ground Beef
 This soup doesn't really have a recipe.  I just use whatever's on hand in the pantry or leftovers from the fridge.  I use leftover pasta meat sauce as a base.  I add chicken stock, veggies, a sauteed onion and whatever spices I'm in the mood for.  It is SO good and no one would ever know you started with last night's spaghetti sauce.

Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
This was so simple and was under 300 calories, not including the rice.  It had a kick due to the red pepper flakes and the asparagus was crisp tender, mmm mmm good!

Chicken and Dumplings
Not a great picture, but oh so good.  I always cut my dumplings too big and they puff up huge, lol. They always cook down though.

Did you cook much in January?  What were your favorite meals?  Share in the comments.  I'm always looking for new recipes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment