recent posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Picnik

Ok, so a lot of you already know about Picnik.  For those of you who don't, go see them.  They offer a free membership to use their photo-editing software.  It is all online, no huge downloads.  I highly recommend the paid membership for about $24.95 per year.  (They also offer monthly and 6-month options.)


The following shows my favorite features of Picnik.  I am using a picture of my son Jaxon (pronounced Jackson).


I usually click on Auto-fix, if I don't like the effect I Undo it.
Next, I go to the Touch Up tab where I love to use Eye Bright and Teeth Whiten.

On this photo, I also used the Clone effect (only available with Picnik Premium).  JP had grass all over his shirt.

Grass all gone!


Now on to the Effects tab where I first used Vignette.

Then I chose Boost and painted his shirt and Easter egg brighter.

Here I used Fancy Focus to make the background fuzzy.  You can make the focal area as large as you want.



Next I added text.

By choosing the Frames tab, you can see before and after images of your photo.

Here is the final picture:


I hope you enjoy playing with Picnik as much as I do.  Until next time,

Natosha

Picnik!


No comments:

Post a Comment