recent posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Another Felt Flower

So, I think I have mentioned I love to read Cheri's I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar blog.  Here is a really cute belt she made using the felt flowers I am featuring.  You can find her original tutorial here.


this photo is the property of iammommahearmeroar


Cheri used felt you buy by the yard.  She bought a 1/4 yard of each color she wanted.  I just bought the felt sheets, which were super cheap, 28 cents each.  I bought black, gray and a really cool blk/wht houndstooth pattern.  






First, I cut two strips of felt (lengthwise) and sewed them together at the ends so I would have closer to the length Cheri used.  I then cut petals.  See photos below:






Next, you roll the strip up, using hot glue as needed.




Here's what the back looks like:




And the front:




I only had time to make a black one and a gray one. (uh, sorry, I had to cook dinner and contend with a 2 year old)  I'll post what the houndstooth one looks like when it's finished.  I'm not sure how it will look once it is cut.




That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment