recent posts

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{Soap Cloud Experiment} Try-It Tuesday

Today's "Try-It" is a cool little experiment that I was skeptical of when I saw this picture.

The premise is that you can take a bar of Ivory Soap and place it in the microwave.  Start that baby up and the bar of soap will magically puff up into a cloud-like shape.

Supplies
Bar of Ivory Soap
Microwave

Instructions
Place bar of Ivory in the microwave.  Punch up 2 minutes on the timer.  Hit start and watch the magic.  Stop the timer once the "cloud" starts to fill the microwave.

I recommend placing the bar of Ivory on a big bed of paper towels.  This makes removal and clean-up much easier.

Does it work?  YES!!




My son thought this was so much fun.  My older nephews thought it was pretty cool too.  A word of caution.  The soap cloud is delicate and if you are not careful, you will get soap "crumbs" everywhere when you remove it from the microwave.  I put the cloud in a gallon zip bag for storage as you can still use the soap.

I call this one a win.

Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment