recent posts

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

{Try-It Tuesday} Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon-Peppercorn Pan Sauce


Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon-Peppercorn Pan Sauce

Now that's a mouth-full of a name.  I have cooked this recipe 3 times in the past couple of months and it is now a favorite.  A few words of caution, go easy on the salt and ingredients with salt.  I made this again last night and used a little too much salt and it was almost unedible, almost.  : )

I think next time, I will skip salting the filets and use a low-salt chicken or veggie stock.  You can always add salt to the finished product, but there's no way you can take too much out.

I found this recipe via My Recipes.  It is from Cooking Light.  The recipe can be found here.

The recipe calls for pickled green peppercorns.  I could not find those so I went for capers and they were wonderful.  The fish was light and flaky.  The lemon and caper sauce was bright and fresh.  And on top of that, it was so quick and easy.  I served the tilapia with rice and green peas.  I have even used this recipe with catfish and it was divine.

Happy eating and thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

I am linking up here today:



No comments:

Post a Comment