recent posts

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Favorite Quote and a Profession of Love

Eeek, behind again.  It looks like I may do 2 posts at a time.  Lol.


Blog Every (other) Day in May

May 4th:  My favorite Quote

That's hard because I have several I love.  

Two of my favorite are from Blaise Pascal, a French mathematician born around 1623.

"The heart has it's reasons of which reason knows nothing."  A lot of times what you feel doesn't make since.  That's just the way it is.

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled with any created thing but only by God, the creator, made known through Jesus."  We search for things or people to make us happy and to fill us, but we are never filled.

Two of my favorite from Seneca, also known as Seneca the Younger.  He was a Roman Stoic philosopher born around 4 BC.

"Anger:  an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."  So many times we stay angry for wrongs done to us, while the person or thing that caused the anger or wrong is oblivious and unaffected by our anger.

"Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart."  I have this one hanging in my office at work to remind me to be grateful for what I have.

May 5th: A Profession of Love

She not a bloggy friend, but a writer of one of the first blogs I started reading.  She has a blog dedicated to cake mis-haps, Cake Wrecks.  Sundays are dedicated to beautiful cakes, "Sweets."  But the rest of the week, well, just follow my advice and DO NOT drink coffee as you glimpse these wrecks because you will spill, spurt and burn.  Through Cake Wrecks I found her personal blog, EPBOT.  In her words it all about "Geekery, Girliness and Goofing Off."

Her name is Jen and I love her.  She is honest, vulnerable, funny, crafty, witty.  I wish I could meet her and her lovely hubby John.  When I first discovered EPBOT, I read for hours.  She's a proud geek.  She loves to read.  She makes awesomely beautiful jewelry out of smashed pennies!!  You should check out her blogs.  Really.  Go.

Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment