recent posts

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mini Apple Pies

I had three Granny Smith apples that were starting to turn brown so I needed to use them up.  I found this recipe via Pinterest.  I used this pie crust recipe.  It calls for 1 cup of butter, yes you read that right, lol.  I only had 1/2 a cup of butter (how did that happen?) so I substituted 1/2 a cup of cold coconut oil and it worked just fine.  I have to tell you this crust and pie was SO good.  I'm not a huge sweets eater, but I have to confess I ate two.  I really didn't want to share, but if I kept them I knew I would eat them all.  So, I took three to my parents for them and one nephew and kept the last one for a work snack.


The pies are made in a  regular size muffin tin.  They really are the perfect size.  Too bad I didn't have any ice cream or whipped topping.  I still have 1/2 the crust and some extra apple mixture in the fridge so there may be a few more of these babies in my future.

What have you been baking up lately?  Tell me in the comments!  I promised my son some cookies, so if you have a recipe to share, please do.

Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment