recent posts

Monday, September 29, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - 9/29/14

Wow, I haven't written a blog post since August.  I've fallen off the wagon in other areas too.  Like my promise to myself and Jaxon to eat healthier.  I find that menu planning really helps me to eat better.  Even if I don't stick to the menu plan strictly, I still have healthy foods in my fridge and pantry.  So, it's back on the wagon.





Monday
Lunch:   Leftover vegetable soup.  I used Alton Brown's recipe.
Dinner:  Tacos, in Lettuce cups, with all the fixings:  avocado, cheese, tomato, sour cream

Tuesday
Lunch:   Cobb salad with avocado, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, hard boiled egg, cheese and roasted red pepper vinaigrette.
Dinner:  15 Minute spaghetti carbonara

Wednesday
Lunch:   Black bean "burger", sweet potato chips and small salad.
Dinner:  Balsamic roast beef, baked sweet potatoes and green beans. (freeze half)

Thursday
Lunch:   Leftover roast beef and sweet potato.
Dinner:  Baja fish taco bowls.

Friday
Lunch:   Tuna Salad sandwich with veggie chips.
Dinner:  Leftovers or dinner out.

Saturday
Cold cut sandwiches or leftovers.

Sunday
Chili and cornbread.

Breakfasts for the week will be one of the following:  scrambled or fried eggs with sausage or bacon, oatmeal with nuts and/or fruit, greek yogurt with fruit, nuts and honey or a protein smoothie.

Now to sit down and write out the grocery list.

Thanks for stopping by,

Natosha

No comments:

Post a Comment