recent posts

Sunday, March 24, 2013

{It's Time for a Change} & {My Weekend via Instagram}

I've been dancing around.  Toying with the idea.  Now it's time to commit.  I'm talking about my family's eating style.  I am very concerned about my health and weight.  I am afraid for my son.  I have decided to step away from processed foods.  I have been researching.  These are a couple of good sites to start with if you are interested:  100 Days of Real Food and The Blog of Bruce Bradley (A Food Industry Insider Talks About Food, Life and More).  The articles regarding food dyes and the truth behind Truvia are shocking to me.  I mean, I knew some of this stuff and just let it slide because I enjoy the convenience of processed foods.  But my son has been exhibiting behaviors lately that has me very concerned.  My husband has two family members with Autism and my husband exhibits symptoms of ADD, although he has never been diagnosed.  I am in the early stages of seeking help for my son and it seems that a healthy diet has got to be the beginning.  I have heard of "trigger" foods or ingredients that can cause behaviors in children with certain disorders.

This is going to be really hard.  I am not going to go through my cupboards and thrown out all the processed food.  I can't afford that.  I am going to let it get used and not buy anymore.  Will I slip up during this journey?  Yes.  Will I make mistakes?  Most assuredly.  Will I try my best?  Yes.  I'm a lot afraid of failure, but I really think eating whole foods and foods that are not highly processed will benefit my son and myself.

I'm at the early stages of this decision.  I do not have all the answers and continue to research.  If you know of more sites that would be helpful, please let me know in the comments.  I would appreciate it SO much.

Ok, enough with the serious.  Now on to my weekend via Instagram.


Silly faces contest.
Home-made alphabet soup.
Proper way to wear a tie.


Panini PB&J.

Marathon (I love Amazon Prime)

More snow? Really?
What's been on my menu this weekend.
You can follow me HERE.

I hope you have had a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha


p.s. Sorry for the crappy pics.  Anyone know how to post Instagram photos to Blogger with better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment